Tuesday, December 09, 2008

"The Day the Earth Stood Still" -- Cop-Out Ending?

I am looking forward to the 2008 remake of the classic 1951 sci-fi thriller "The Day the Earth Stood Still". But with trepidation.

Yes, it will be a big action special effects blockbuster. The Earth in peril (actually the human race in peril -- as it rightly deserves to be). But, I fear that humanity will be spared in a typical Hollywood feel-good happy-ending cop-out.

I suspect that because the girl (Jennifer Connelly), is so sweet and good, epitomizing the best of humanity, that Klaatu will spare all of humanity.

Big mistake. If the aliens have an arsenal of super technology, why don't they do a "cleansing", a culling, like the Anunnaki (Annunaki) did back in the days of Noah's Ark?

At least save her -- and me -- and I'll be happy to attempt to repopulate the Earth with her assistance. Providing Klaatu provides some nannies for our spawn. "Yeah, Baby" (Austin Powers).

No comments:

Post a Comment