Sunday, August 19, 2007

Procter & Gamble - My Zest for Zest Bath Bars is Gone

Some marketing weasel at Procter & Gamble probably got a huge bonus for coming up with the “kewl” new shape for Zest Deodorant bath/shower bars which allowed them to reduce the weight from 5 oz. to 4 oz., a full 20% reduction, while keeping the box size and price the same.

And, the further genius of the idea is that while the old shape wore down to just one sliver to discard, the new one wears down and then breaks into two slivers. Each of those slivers is about the same size as the one sliver resulting from the old style bar. So even more is rendered unusable and wasted. Pure genius.

The only problem: How many more besides me are going to say: “Screw you, you effing corporate weasels”? I am no longer going to buy Zest, even though I have been a decades-long user, even from the time before they changed the shape from a 6 oz. or so block to the 5 oz. oval. Their latest “nickel and dime-ing” went too far.

I am going to switch brands, and if other manufacturers have done similar, I'll switch to generic dish washing liquid with which to shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment